"aw you’re so cu— wait NO YOU DO NOT LICK YOUR ASS ON ME"
"You’re like…father material."
A dick with a future
A dick with a 401k plan and retirement benefits.
- Boys, on average, spend two fewer hours doing household chores per week than girls do (they play two hours more).
- If they live in households where children are compensated for doing chores, boys make and save more money.
- A 2009 study conducted by University of Michigan economists found a two-hour gender disparity in responsibilities per week in a study of 3,000 kids.
- 75 percent of girls had chores, while just 65 percent of boys do
- This disparity in chores and free time continues into adulthood all over the world. According to the Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), men “report spending more time in activities counted as leisure than women. Gender differences in leisure time are wide across OECD countries.”
- Year after year, studies repeatedly confirm these patterns.
- The problems women face with unequal pay and housework duties actually start in childhood.
- The fact that boys’ chores appear to be more profitable makes the childhood chore gap even more disturbing. Turns out, parents tend to value the work that boys do more.
- Gender stereotypes dictate these patterns.
- men who grow up with sisters do less housework than their spouses and are also significantly more socially conservative.
Just had to bold that bottom point there because of the amount of misogynists who claim that because they have women in their family, they can’t POSSIBLY be sexist ever.
oh my fucking god
I vividly remember all the families in my church where the grade-school boys were goofing off with toys and the girls were being handed younger babies and turned into babysitters.Boys got to be boys, but girls had to be Moms.
Really, it ‘s a serious drag that even little girls today could answer #WithoutTheWageGapIWould
Yet another example as to why Ellen is my role model.
In 1997, Ellen came out as gay on her sitcom, Ellen. She was met with a horrendous amount of backlash from society and the media. She was the butt of every joke on late night TV. She was dubbed “Ellen DeGenerate.” She even received death threats.
Ellen went from the most popular sitcom actress to the most hated. Desperate, she turned to the gay community for support. However, Chastity Bono, a fellow lesbian and a representative for GLAAD at the time, betrayed Ellen, telling Variety Magazine, “[‘Ellen’] is so gay it’s excluding a large part of our society … we have to be realistic. This is network primetime.”
Ellen trusted Chastity to help as she was also gay, and would understand what Ellen was going through. Instead, Chastity publicly denounced Ellen, leaving Ellen alone to defend herself. Ellen’s show was subsequently cancelled.
Flash forward to 2011. Chastity Bono is now Chaz Bono, a transgender male. He is going to be a contestant of Dancing with the Stars, much to the displeasure of the public. He receives backlash, similar to the kind Ellen endured in 1997. In response, Ellen defends Chaz in her monologue (seen here), and invites Chaz on her show to give his perspective.
Ellen chose to help Chaz, who was being persecuted by the media, even though he had hurt Ellen severely in the past. Ellen definitely did not have to have Chaz on her show, but she did to be kind. Ellen not only forgave Chaz, but gave him the support that he failed to give her earlier.
Be kind to one another. It’s not just something Ellen says after every show; it’s what she lives by. And we should all try to live by it too.
"I don’t understand algebra, but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong."
This woman needs to be president.
i will always find a way out
dragons can literally never blow out candles that is so sad
#LET ME TELL SOMETHING. DIVERSITY IS NOT JUST ABOUT HAVING DIFFERENT SKIN COLORS, OKAY? IT’S ABOUT HAVING ACTUAL DIFFERENT PEOPLE. CHARACTERS THAT ARE BELIEVABLE AND DIFFERENT AND REAL. I’M SO TIRED OF SEEING MOVIES, ANIMATED OR LIVE ACTION, HAVING FEMALE CHARACTERS WITH THE SAME FACE AND EXPRESSIONS AND BODY LANGUAGE WHO BARELY EXPRESS THEIR SEXUALITY OR HAVE NORMAL, NATURAL REACTIONS AND INTERACTIONS AND EXPRESSIONS THAT MATCH THEIR CHARACTERS WHEN AROUND THEIR LOVED ONES. LOOK AT THESE THREE. THEY ARE ALL STRONG FEMALE CHARACTERS, BUT HOW DIFFERENTLY THEY ACT AROUND THE MEN THEY LOVE. LOOK AT THEIR EXPRESSION WHEN PLEASED OR EXCITED. JUST LOOK AT THESE THREE. LOOK HOW DIFFERENT THEY ARE. HOW REAL. HOW BELIEVABLE. HOW BEAUTIFUL.
love you dreamworks
disney needs to earn my respect back after Frozen.